Danny Kim, JD/MBA
Danny always strives to go the extra mile and is well-demonstrated by his accomplishments. He earned his B.A. with double-major in Accounting and Finance from Portland State University and, after spending the next several years acquiring a wide range of life/work experiences, he moved on to earn double-graduate degree in Law and MBA from the University of Oregon.
Outside academic endeavors, Danny sought and took on challenges from various fields:
- At age 23, he became a licensed general contractor to help his parents open a new restaurant in SE Portland on a very tight budget.
- During the final year of his undergraduate studies, he proactively sought a paid internship at a local Tax Accountant’s office and spent a quarter acquiring hands-on experience.
- After completing his undergraduate studies, he spent 4+ years transitioning from Accounts Payable Specialist to Staff Accountant at a local non-profit organization, handling allocation of $30+ million indirect expenses among 100+ programs.
- Later, he saw an opportunity in a local closed-down bar, where he previously bartended, and negotiated a lucrative management contract to take over the operation and became a business owner.
- In 2010, Danny was the lead contractor for setting up four (4) Boost Mobile stores in the State of Washington.
- Before becoming an attorney, Danny spend few years working as legal assistant/law clerk at a local law firm and acquired extensive knowledge, not only in the practice of law but also the business of law practice.
- Danny also acquired extensive experience in website development and digital marketing.
In his personal time, Danny enjoys working with his hands (i.e., fixing cars and motorcycles and making improvements around the house) and spending time with his beautiful wife, Mengdan. Danny and Mengdan met while both were attending University of Oregon and recently celebrated their 1 year anniversary. They love to travel and often take short daily trips to the neighboring state of Washington for some rest and relaxation (and food!).
Danny is a natural-born problem-solver and welcomes the opportunity to become your trusted immigration attorney. To contact Danny Kim, please call 971-865-2770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oregon State Bar (OSB# 172196)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Board of Director – Korean Society of Oregon
- Beta Gamma Sigma (The International Business Honor Society)
- J.D. – University of Oregon School of Law (2016)
- MBA – University of Oregon Lundquist College of Business (2016)
- B.A. Accounting – Portland State University (2004)
- B.A. Finance – Portland State University (2004)
- Korean (native fluency)
- Graduate (with honors) of 2016 BendPoly Digital Marketing Vocational Training Program and recipient of President’s Award
- Website Development (including this website!)
- Invited participant of University of Oregon’s Sports Product Management Pilot Program (2015)
- Staff Accountant for local non-profit agency (2005-2010)
- Seasoned tax Accountant (1999)
- General Contractor (residential and commercial remodeling)
- Business Manager (Detox Bar and Lounge – 2010)
- Sushi Chef (Part-time) (2012)
- & More (Just ask Danny and he’ll tell you!)